A header is placed on a bed behind the pillows. Some will find attached to the bed frame; others are to the wall. The headers are designed for functionality or design. A headboards with shelves fit in both categories. Are positioned above the bed and can be used as bedside tables.
12 Photos Gallery of: How to Make Headboards with Shelves
- Decide the place where you want to place the shelves above the bed. You can put them in the place you want, but make sure you can get out of bed without hitting the headboards with them.
- Use a level and a pencil to draw a line in places that are going to place the shelves.
- Buy Plank high and thickness you want to have the shelves.
- Sand the wood. Especially the banks you cut with the saw. When they are soft, clean timber with a damp cloth.
- Co locale wood sealer. Read labels to find out which product is indicated for use in this type of material.
- Paint the wooden color you’ve chosen for the mantel. If the color looks very thin or wood transpires, apply another coat.
- Place brackets hidden lines you drew on the wall. Mark where holes will place headboards the screws.
- If the hole you’ll do it in a plaster wall, place a stud with a hammer.