If you have vertical blinds and you really want to change the look of the room where you are, you can easily change their color without spending a fortune on new ones. With a sewing machine and some fabric you can cover your vertical blinds slats to have a whole new look.
Instructions of cover vertical blinds
12 Photos Gallery of: How to Cover Vertical Blinds
- It measures a vertical blinds strip of the blind end to end and side to side. Measure where the hole in the top, including the length and height of it on the part where the blind is attached to the clip on the rail.
- Place the fabric on a table and use the measuring tape to measure the parts. Remember to double the width of the shutter so you can fold the fabric.
- Cut out the pieces and sew the sides with a sewing machine. Close the top, but leave the bottom open so you can slip it over the bar you’re covering.
- Place the new cover fabric on the vertical bar. Measure the part where the hole should be covered in the bar and use the sharp knife to cut an opening. Do not make the hole too large or too small.
- Use needle and thread to hand stitch the bottom seam.
- One vertical blinds the clip to make sure we made the hole properly.