Quality quilts are designed to last, absorbing the luxurious comfort and warmth that only goose down comforter can provide. With proper care and maintenance, your quilt will last for years. Many people assume that a quilt requires dry cleaning, but this type of cleaning can actually damage the small feathers and ruin if not done properly.
- Examine the quilt to locate weak or torn seams. Sew with a fine needle and a thread that combine to ensure all seams before washing, otherwise, the seam may crack and the filling can get out of the comforter.
- Fill the machine with warm water and mild detergent added. Let it shake until the detergent mix well. Make sure you have enough for the quilt to move freely during washing space.
- Add a pair of clean white tennis shoes in the washing machine to prevent lint buildup or established on the goose down comforter.
- Let quilt wash normally until reaching the final phase centrifuge. Sets the disc again to give you extra rinse cycle.
- Place the goose down comforter in the dryer on the softest setting. Place 2 tennis balls in white socks clean.
- Remove the quilt and hang it outside on a windy day to ensure that the quilt to dry completely.